Ceramics / Painting / Photography / Printmaking
Welcome to my studio! I am an artist who loves to create photos, paintings, drawings, relief prints, lithographs, etchings, monoprints, and handmade ceramics. I can’t help myself. I see possibilities for art everywhere and all the time. It’s always been my life. With an artist mother and art all around me, it was natural for me to major in art in college and to go on to graduate school for a Master of Fine Arts degree in printmaking. I taught art classes to adults at the college level for 10 years before becoming a fulltime studio artist.
Now I work on my art every day. I think about color, composition, movement, surfaces, and the emotional response stimulated by the art work. I am concerned with the ecology of the earth, and include landscape, water, plants and vegetation among my subject matter. I think about the changing seasons, and climate change. I love to experiment with materials and processes. I like to abstract and interpret from what I observe.
I am the director for the North Dallas Artist Studio Tour (NDAST), a position I have held for 12 years. The NDAST takes place the 4th weekend in April every year, with 2023 the 18th year for the tour. The NDAST is a self-guided driving and walking tour which this year included 29 artists in 19 home studios within a map area in Dallas, bounded by Lovers Lane, LBJ, Central Expressway and Denton Drive. During the tour, guests visit working studios and see art of many disciplines, in all of stages of creation. Guests are able to talk to artists about ideas, processes, materials; find out how they got started, what inspires them, and how their art is evolving. You may be inspired to begin creating art yourself!
Every week I participate in figure drawing sessions, attend location sketching with a group of my artist friends, and work in my studio on larger works or ceramics, taking photos all the time. I concentrate on photography when my husband, Don and I travel, hike and attend Dallas Camera Club activities.
Works on paper are included in the collections of the National Gallery of Art and the National Museum of American Art in Washington, DC, and many other public and private collections.
Recent Exhibitions include:
• Ageless Passion 2023 Bath House Cultural Center
• Our Own Work, Our Own Way, Columbia Museum of Art, South Carolina
• Urban Sketchers DFW, Irving Arts Center, Texas
• North Dallas Artist Studio Tour 2023
• Art 214 South Dallas Cultural Center
• Ceramics on the Wall IV, John H. Milde Gallery, Award
• Mayor’s Office Exhibit City Hall, Dallas
• A Journey in Color and Line: Drawing the Metroplex, Bath House Cultural Center
• The Figure, John H. Milde Gallery, Goldmark Cultural Center, Dallas
• Ageless Passion 2022, Bath House Cultural Center
• Celebrating the Print 2022 Grand Prairie Theater
• North Dallas Artist Studio Tour 2022
#7. DRESKIN-HAIG STUDIO
9323 Guernsey Lane
Ceramics, painting, photography & printmaking